Monday, June 28, 2010

Where the Turf Meets the Surf

We're headed out of here on an airplane today!  Del Mar bound with a stop for two nights at Grandma's house in Brea.  The fun should be never ending and we're all looking forward to a "beach vacation".  Charlotte wants to build sand "volcanoes" (have I mentioned she's not a princess/castle person)?  Abby will be happy to do whatever everyone else does and Bob and I hope to sleep, swim, and maybe even play a little tennis.
We're going to be seeing most of our family while we're down there.  Alex is getting married and this means cousins, aunts, uncles, grandmas, etc. etc.  My parents will be at the wedding, too.  And Aunt Shelly is flying into San Diego on the 3rd and she'll be staying with us for the week.  
I am counting down the moments until I'm swimming in the ocean and enjoying daily highs of 70 and lows of 61 degrees.  
Too bad the ponies won't be running while we're there.  We try to go every year when they are.  We just might have to plan a trip back down there in August.  On that note...


WHERE THE TURF MEETS THE SURF
(Johnny Burke / Bing Crosby / James V. Monaco)
Bing Crosby
Where the turf meets the surf
down at old Del Mar
take a plane
take a train
take a car.

There is a smile on every face
and a winner in each race
where the turf meets the surf
at Del Mar.

1 comments:

Decoracion de cocinas said...

Thank you for any other informative blog. Where else could I get that kind of information written in such an ideal method? I have a project that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the glance out for such info