Thursday, June 04, 2009

Adventures in Parenting


So long as we're still counting her age in days...
Abigail Rose Wagner is 19 days old and I've compiled a short list of her likes/dislikes.
I will give her an opportunity to re-visit her list, as the days wear on. We certainly hoping some of the "dislikes" make it to the "likes" (e.g. her swing) but we're keeping an open mind.
Likes
· being rocked to sleep by mamma
· being rocked to sleep by nana
· being held by just about anyone (but right now mamma is her favorite)
· nursing (not round the clock, but about every three hours or so during the day)
· to sleep (so long as there is someone to either rock her or hold her)
· daddy
· big sister Charlotte
· baths
· clean diapers
· bouncy seat
· car seat
Dislikes
· dirty diapers
· having gas in her tummy
· her swing
· being set down
· 5:30-8:30 pm
· her swing (we're hoping to move this one up to the list of likes)
Well that is all the dislikes I can think of. Not bad really. She's a great baby so far. Really cute and cuddly. We're getting about 5 1/2 hours at night before she wakes up needing to nurse. She typically goes back to sleep after a little "snack" and sleeps another two or three. I'm starting to feel a lot less groggy which is a good thing. I'm not someone who does well without sleep.
And in toddler news... Charlotte is wearing UNDERWEAR! She told me she wanted to wear underwear so they would sing the song at school... I don't know the lyrics but something about the kids name and underwear. It is a big deal, you know! Yesterday post-nap she stripped down to her favorite attire (nothing) and came running in the house telling me she had to pee-pee. Sure enough she sat on the potty and when she was done she dumped the contents into the toilet and flushed... without ANY help or anything. Gotta love that school of hers! Today she wore underwear proudly to school and when I picked her up she announced, "Mommy I peed on the potty!!!" Her teachers were happy to report no accidents! Yay Charlotte! She's really into this big girl status!
It is bittersweet seeing that your "baby" is no longer a baby but a big girl. It becomes that more apparent when you have a newborn around the house. We miss that little baby Charlotte but we are loving getting to know the opinionated, independent fun and silly Charlotte, too!

1 comments:

Barbara Dendy said...

Way to go Diane, Bob and Charlotte! Abigail Rose is beautiful! I am enjoying catching up on your life by reading all the blogs. I too came home one day to find my house robbed in the 2 hours I was gone. So scary but we are still in the same house, now with an alarm system always set. And one time at the May Fair we met a lamb named "Dinner".
Barbara