Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Doing it!



We are totally doing it! Family of four that is... In the past couple weeks things have gotten much, much "better" around here. By better I mean my anxiety has gone WAY down. I realized I can do this! And... it is rewarding.
A few of the contributing factors to the success we've had around here lately:
1. Sleep...
Abigail is sleeping much, much better. I attributed this to so-called "gripe" water but I also recognize that the decrease in her gassiness also coincided with about the 6 week mark, which is when babies are at their so-called gassiest phase, hmmmmmm. She's sleeping in good long stretches throughout the day and at night which makes mommy much more relaxed.
2. Smiles
Abigail smiles all the time. There is nothing better than a sleeping baby, who wakes up and is a smiling baby. Enough said.
3. Exercise
I've been getting some regular exercise. It is tough some days because I'm exhausted (she's sleeping... but I'm still not getting good, long nights of sleep). After a workout I feel like a new person. A better mom & wife.
4. Nana
None of this would be possible without the help of my mom. She's amazing. She not only helps (she treated Charlotte to two nights at her house last week which is amazing for us but also for Charlotte... she thinks going to Nana and Grandpa's house is the greatest thing in the world) but she gives moral support, and always a healthy dose of perspective when I need one.
5. Parties
We actually had a "party" at our house on the 4th of July. It was a last-minute spontaneous thing. As in Bob was at Trader Joes buying some BBQ items because we knew my parents would be here and I got a call from a friend saying they'd come over before the parade and thought BBQ'ing at our house after sounded like a great idea. Awesome! I got a hold of Bob (he was in line at TJs) and he got out of line and stocked up with enough food for everyone. At one point there were 8 children 4 and under, and 9 adults here on a beautiful July 4. We did it! And everyone had fun! And the house was clean, the meal was good and organized... and the dishes were done post-party (huge shout out to my mom and dad for that one).
I didn't take one picture at the party, and only a few on 4th of July at the parade, but that is a lot to ask.
My next goal is to get better at taking pictures. I want to get some of Abigail awake, smiling and just some general pictures documenting our days. We've been getting out a lot and having adventures to the park, the gym to build sand castles in the volleyball pit, etc.
I also want to get better at blogging. It is nice to write and clear my head. But most days I have no time at the computer so this is a pretty big goal... we'll see.


0 comments: