Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Abigail Rose 10 Months

Wow, 10 months old, already???  Time is flying by so fast I don't even know what hit me.  I am much more nostalgic now than I was as Charlotte approached her first birthday.  Lately, I find myself reminiscing about this point in my pregnancy a year ago and about the months leading up to Abby's birth.  One of these days I will get around to writing her birth story.  It was amazing.  I never felt so empowered in my whole life.  Split seconds after she was born I wanted to do it all over again, and again.  To say it was easy is not fair.  The actual point of when my body was in active labor was easy.  Pushing her out of my body, easy.  I was completely overcome with endorphins and my body and mind were in sync and knew exactly what needed to be done.  But... the 9 months (plus an extra week) plus the 12 hours where I was induced to get me there were not easy.  Wait, this isn't Abby's birth story.  Another time. Another time.
Abigail Rose is 10 months old today.  I do not remember the first six months.  I am sorry to say this.  We have pictures, thankfully, that remind us of things we did and what she looked like but I have a hard time remembering what it felt like to hold her when she was so tiny.  I have a hard time remembering what our days were like during those first few months.  Truly, it is all a blur.  But at the same time, that was almost a YEAR ago???  Where the hell did the time go???
Abigail Rose is outgoing, she smiles at just about everyone and if someone is in her sights, but hasn't acknowledged her, she makes sounds and flirty eyes until they look at her.  And then they smile.  How can you not smile?  She's chubby.  Not the chubbiest baby ever.  But chubby.   Rolls on the thighs, arms and cheeks chubby.  She loves to eat.  Loves just about any kind of food as long as she can feed herself.  She prefers spicy to bland.  Abby is active.  In fact, she NEVER stops moving.  She refuses to lie on her back for a diaper change.  This worries me that something could be " wrong" with her.  But Bob points out that something must be WRONG with me because that is silly to get all worked up about her not wanting to lie on her back.  I'm going to talk to the pediatrician about it anyway at her next checkup. 
Abby loves me but she loves her Daddy and she loves her big sister more than life itself.  All she wants to do is touch Charlotte.  Pulling her hair is just about the greatest thing ever.  Luckily for Abby, Charlotte sometimes lets her pull her hair.  Abby loves her babysitter, Felicia and Felicia's sisters.  They are a wonderful addition to our entourage and they make me feel more human.  Those "breaks" during the week help me be a better person.
Abby is starting to enjoy daycare at the gym.  This brings us one step closer to having normal lives.  By normal I mean Friday nights where Bob and I play tennis and the girls go to the gym.  This is looking to be a mighty fine summer, indeed!  I could go on and on about this little baby of mine but mostly, she just makes me happy.  She makes Charlotte happy.  She makes Bob happy.  Our little family of four is happy (most of the time). 

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

I don't use google reader and so I have to "remember" to visit my favorite blogs :) Sweet Abby! I can't wait until her and Caleb are toddling around in playcenter together.