Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Back at it!



I was exchanging emails with a friend a while back and was told I should write more. It is therapeutic and fun and a great outlet. Here goes nothing. Another attempt to blog regularly. Hopefully this will not be a failed attempt.
It was a heavy past couple weeks here. Eileen, my sister-in-law, passed away. She struggled with her health for many of her adult years. She had epilepsy, and lupus, and brain surgeries and I think she was tired. Her body and mind and spirit were all tired of fighting each other for survival. Her passing was a surprise to everyone, but at least it was peaceful. She is missed. Charlotte had a blast playing "tag" with Aunt Eileen on Halloween. Her and Mark wanted to trick-or-treat with us and showed up, much to our surprise, in costumes ready to go. Eileen was a fun person. Mark was such a loving and supportive husband to her. They were two peas in a pod. As much as I know he will miss her, there will be some solace for him knowing she is no longer suffering. My life is changed having known her and am lucky to call her my family.
Baby Abby is nine months old... sheesh, almost ten months old. Where did the past ten months go??? I have no idea. Most days we are trying to just stay afloat. I've lowered my expectations in myself and my surroundings. I struggle to wash, fold, and put away the laundry. Exercising regularly requires a lot of coordination and sometimes a little luck but it is worth it. My tennis game is picking up, and my forehand is better than ever. But my Friday nights with Bob playing tennis and drinking beer feels like a distant memory. I am crossing my fingers that when the weather improves we can get back out there.
Charlotte... our beautiful independent red-head who made it through her twos without ever having one tantrum turned three with a fierce vengeance. It might have something to do with that baby sister who showed up right around the same time. Consistency is key, but we're learning to adapt as she turns out to be our best teacher.
Abby smiles at everyone, makes us laugh and loves her big sister more than anything in the world. She never stops moving unless it is for a meal. She eats just about anything but seems to prefer cheese.

0 comments: