Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Pork Products



Pork products... you either love em or hate em, right? I mean come on... bacon, sausage, ham, salami, prosciutto, ribs, tenderloin, chops, whatever. I'm making it clear I am in the "love" category. In fact, I often make it known that it was bacon that brought me back from vegetarianism. Yep, bacon.
So why is it that people get so weird about the basic food group of pork products? Like you mention you are having hot dogs and they go ewwww gross? As if it is socially "not cool" to enjoy hot dogs and sausages. I understand if it is for health reasons. But people... there are organic, lower calorie, nitrate free options. They taste just as great. And a hamburger with all the fixins is "okay" but sausage or hotdog not okay? Sorry but calorie wise... a hot dog is a better choice. Kind of like the donut versus bagel with cream cheese argument. But we won't go there.
So anyway... we really do enjoy our fair share of pork products in this household. And even baby Abby loves her some sausage (the all-natural nitrate free kind of course)!!!
Think it is a coincidence that Charlotte's favorite animal is a pig???

0 comments: